Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.14.2021

Training: Week 12

This week was intense! Especially today. Gotta hit those long distances so I’m ready. Less than a month until race day!!! 
I was so happy the smoky air cleared out at the beginning of the week!

Monday: 30 min bike, 6 mile run
Tuesday: 2 mile swim, 60 min bike
Wednesday: 3 mile walk, 7 mile hill run
Thursday: 1.5 mile swim, 40 mile bike
Friday: 3 mile walk, 6 mile run

Saturday: 1.2 mile swim, 48 mile bike, 12.69 mile run

My swim went well. No complaints. Jumped in the pool at 5:00.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vaeNbp-XOnRBvEadZzfVTmphTMkgb-I0
Started the bike at 5:45. My feet kept going numb after 15 miles. I had originally planned on biking 52 or 54 but the numbness was driving me crazy and none of the tricks worked to help get blood flow back. The only think that worked was stopping and getting off. Since I didn’t want to do that every 5 miles I just ended early. I did ride to Bridal Veil from my house so that was a pretty great destination.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BU-PX3rbInS1fcU4LzgFW_lnb3pTI4xs
I’m not sure what time I started the run but James came with and ran 3 because he is training for the Swiss Days 10k. Then he ran home and I ran 9.5 more. To the Saratoga Springs temple and back.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vwdnYwtki84YouZwPrD5N0NTgqmBQwrK
View of Utah Lake and Timp on the way home.
I love the “high” from each portion…I get so excited when I finish the swim, and the bike and during the last few miles of the run I’m super stoked and excited.
I finished running about 11:10. 6 hours of training is so crazy! It makes marathon training seem like a walk in the park. Speaking of walking, I found out that Olympic speed walkers can walk faster than my fastest running pace!
Anywho, I always take a really good nap after these really long trainings. (After I’ve eaten a really big breakfast)
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1lw9LmMy-dmYpmgH3nqnzUpy3IaZeCimM
Only 3 more Saturdays left of training!!!