Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.21.2021

Training: Week 13

It was a tricky week with the smoky air, crazy rain and the Legacy Center closed for cleaning. I remembered it was closed early Tuesday morning when I was headed out the door to go swimming there. Thankfully I remembered before going there. I decided to go for a bike ride instead. The bad part was my headlight battery went dead half way through the ride. It was so dark! I was grateful I made it back home safely.

View from hill training on Friday.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OX92xnF1UYFleVPGt71-YB41oo8YZPWO

I loved the color of this tree next to Dry Creek Park.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1DX04e_AVB4VGn-FwxiHTpW2g-TcmVQ5E

Monday: 15 min bike, 6 mile run + 2 miles with James for his training
Tuesday: 60 min bike ride, 2 mile speed run
Wednesday: 30 min bike, 6 mile run
Thursday: 45 min bike, 6 mile run
Friday: 3 mile walk, 7 mile hill run
Saturday: 1.2 mile open water swim, 2 hour bike

Saturday’s training was exciting! I finally got to practice an open water swim with my new wet suit. It went really well! I went to Manila Pond. Marshall and Kade went out on the kayaks for support. I started off swimming really fast but not realizing I was. I was so out of breath when I got to the middle of the pond that I had to stop a minute and catch my breath. I paced better after that and the rest of the swim went well.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1O3m3wOgwBnNnvHpsn3QaBCjhoOvrnAdv
I also had a pink bouy for extra safety. I won’t be able to use it for the race but nice to have for practice swimming.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Jb1gMo1ysT77e6VrRmgf2Q0SFDNXKTmU
I went for a bike ride from the pond. I got stung by a bee about five miles into the ride. It flew right into my neck! So crazy and annoying to have stinging the rest of the day.
Also making the ride adventurous were the two storms I rode through. I was still wet from the swim and the storms weren’t too bad. It made training more exciting!