Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.28.2021

Training: Week 14

I’m so ready for my race! I’m to the point where I just want it to be here. I’m getting a little bored of the Murdock Trail. I completed my last long brick training and now it’s time to taper.

Monday: 30 min bike, 7 mile run
Tuesday: 2 mile swim, 12 mile bike
Wednesday: 20 min bike, 6 mile run
Thursday: 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 12.3 mile run
Friday: 3 mile walk
Saturday: 60 min swim, 12.5 mile bike

I did my last long training on Thursday instead of Saturday because we had a lot of soccer games. The swim and bike were the exact lengths of the race and then the run came pretty close to the actual length. There’s no doubt that I will complete the race. There will definitely be pain and discomfort at different points but I will finish. 
Thursday I started the swim at 5:00am at the rec center then got on the bike at 5:50. Started the run at 9:40 and finished at 11:40. It was a hot morning.
I rode the whole Murdock Trail and then rode the Jordan River Trail. I had no idea how tough the Jordan River trail was around the point of the mountain. My quads were so tired. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-b345iYgx9hOK0aITf01qOmK87wCVL0I
Then I rode the Jordan River trail home. There are so many cracks on the trail and it really hurts to ride over them on a road bike. I have to ride the Jordan River Trail every few weeks to remind myself why I don’t ride the Jordan River Trail.

My Fitbit step counter is always really amazingly high on the night of my long day workout. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Uk8IrIij9P5uXq787ozaD0mk9coXPzsk

Today I checked out the new bridge connector across Timpanogos Highway. I rode to Cabellas and snapped some pictures of the view. I’m so done with the smoky air.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GQ5ex2cRrTzdJLLYlHg3unZcHE9ovQXZhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1DHeJgmJTApuBgGJmSsuV7Xk0QuzHTDgU

2 more weeks til the Brineman long course!!! I’m so excited!!!