Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.23.2014

James and 1st Grade

James is officially a 1st grader. His first day went smoothly and he loved it. It was pouring rain that morning so we drove him to the bus stop. I'm not going to lie, I felt a little sad sending him away for the day. I think Lynnlee was sad too.

I loved my family tradition growing up of my mom making chocolate chip cookies for us on our first day of school. Then we would come home and eat cookies and talk about our day. I want to start a similar tradition with my kids so we decided to go out for ice cream. James told us all about his day while we licked our ice cream cones. He told us how there are some friends in his class that were in his class last year. His favorite time of the day is lunch and recess of course. They had an assembly and there was a real owl there so they could learn about their school mascot. I think its going to be a great year.