Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.23.2014

The Anniversary

We've been married 9 years and have 5 children. How did this happen? Years ago if you told me I would have 5 children before I turn 30 I would have laughed really hard. Now we are in the middle of all this craziness and I still laugh about it, and cry and all of the emotions in between. It's all so hard but rewarding too. I love taking care of them and yet I'm overwhelmed by all of their needs. I love spending time with them but I worry if they each get enough one on one time with me. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of one or two kids. Then I think of all of the fun I have with my siblings now and I'm so excited for my kids to have the same friendships with each other.

We had a fun anniversary on Monday and celebrated by going golfing. I love to golf and have been to the driving range once since being married but have not been golfing for more than 10 years. It sounds funny to love doing something so much and not do it for such a long time. That is part of the sacrifice of being a mom. One day I will get back to playing tennis, golf, racquetball, soccer and when I do I will have 6 wonderful people to do it with. I'm excited for all of the adventures to come. As my kids get older it will be fun to share all of my hobbies with them.

Happy Anniversary to my Lovest and I'm excited for all of the years to come!