Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

6.29.2016

AF 10k

My neighbor was suppose to run the American Fork 10k last Saturday. She was injured so on Wednesday she asked me if I wanted to run for her. Of course I told her I would love to. The race course was where I used to run when we lived in American Fork so I loved it.


I felt really good the whole race. I ended up taking 3rd place out of all the women there! I took 2nd in my age group. I won a free pair of running shoes ($100 Altra gift card)! I was stoked. I need new running shoes bad so it couldn't have been better timing.

The pace on my watch isn't the average pace for the race, but it is the pace I was sprinting at through the finish.


The print out of my results had an error. I definitely didn't run it in 29 minutes at a 4:48 min/mile pace. If I did I would be running at the Olympics instead.
My official time was 44:34 and that is a 7:10 min/mile pace. I'm not good at very many things so it's fun to do something that I can place in the top.