Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

6.15.2016

Utah Valley Half

I love running races but I haven't signed up for any this summer. I like running long runs on Saturdays so if I wanted to run a race I would be ready. Last Friday I woke up and knew I wanted to run long the next day. I decided to look on KSL classifieds for any race bibs for sale. I found one for the Utah Valley half marathon. I bought it from the person, picked up the packet and ran the race Saturday morning. The weather was perfect and I had a great race. We started in the middle of Provo Canyon just east of the tunnel. We finished at the new City Center Temple. I got my personal best but since I purchased someone's bib it is under that person's name. I also took 5th in my age group so that person will get mailed a plaque because I didn't stay for the awards. So it's kind of funny!

Start line


Finish Line!


That pace isn't the average so no I didn't run that fast the whole race but my average pace for the race was 7:50 min/mile.