Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

6.12.2016

Bridal Veil Falls

Last week we hiked to Bridal Veil Falls.  We went in the morning so it wasn't crowded.


We played at the bottom for awhile before we started up the trail.

I love all of Lynnlee's poses in each picture. She came up with them all on her own.
I haven't hiked Bridal Veil in a few years so I couldn't remember where the trail started. I knew it couldn't be too hard to find but I still managed to get us lost. After we took this picture we should have gone left but it didn't look like the trail. It looked like a dead end. So I told my kids to go right and boy was I wrong.


We went right and it started out with lots of small rocks but not too steep. As we kept going it got steeper though and then it was too hard to turn back. James was loving it but Lynnlee and Kaden were not. I felt so bad. Thankfully we met up with the trail eventually and got back on track.


The mist from the waterfall felt so good.






Lynnlee and Kaden stayed on the rocks while James and I hiked up further. In the picture it's like a Where's Waldo. See if you can pick out James and me.

The way down was much better and I found the spot where we went off trail. I won't make that mistake again.





We had fun playing at the bottom again. We each found a stick and raced them down a little creek next to the path.


We had lunch afterward.

This was a really cool area between our picnic table and the river. We needed to get back home so we didn't have a lot of time to explore but it would be fun to go back again. Thanks Aunt Pat for watching the minis!