Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

5.23.2017

Birthday Weekend

These days I'm biking and swimming a lot since I'm still trying to figure out how to get my foot better. Ali and I did our own sprint triathlon. We swam 300 meters which is 6 laps.


Instead of doing the biking and running from the rec center, we drove a few minutes to a paved trail. All of this was done as quickly as possible with minimal breaks. Then we biked 12 miles and ran 3.1 miles. It was so fun and felt so good. Now we are ready for an official sprint triathlon.


Since it was my birthday weekend we took the kids to a matinee. Then Ali offered to babysit for the night. Thanks Ali! We went to Pita Pit which has been a favorite since I was in college. We did some shopping after. It was a fun night!
The minis were asleep when we got home. Best gift ever! We are going through a hard stage with the minis right now because they won't stay in their beds. Once they are asleep they sleep the whole night but if we could only get them to fall asleep! The cousins all had so much fun while we were gone.

Sunday we went to my parent's house for May birthdays and Mother's Day celebration.

The birthday desserts at the family parties are so yummy! A family favorite on the right is called a ninja turtle cake. It is a gluten free ice cream cake. It got the name from the green mint chocolate chip ice cream. The gluten full cake on the left was homemade kit kat bars with club crackers, caramel, peanut butter and chocolate. It doesn't get any better than that.
My kids wished me happy birthday all weekend and it was the cutest, especially when the minis said it.