Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

5.23.2017

Jameson's Accomplishment

A few months ago James got a package in the mail from Grandma Lowry. In it was a Book of Mormon and a daily reading chart. The challenge was to read it before future missionary camp in June. I really thought it would be a chore for me to get him to do it. When he started I encouraged him to do his reading before he had any screen time each day. He is very self motivated and it wasn't a chore at all. He is an early riser and every morning I found him on the couch reading before he did anything else. Occasionally he would tell me which part he was reading and we would talk about the stories. He said that there were times when he dreaded reading but he changed his attitude all on his own and kept reading. He really enjoyed it. I'm so amazed and grateful for his good example. You can accomplish anything you set your mind to.