Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.12.2017

Moon Lake 2017

We are making up for lost trips this summer.😀  So many years of limited camping and travel equals a summer full of trips. We went to Moon Lake during the middle of June. It was fun having the Millers join us for dinner Friday night!



These pictures are all out of order but we were there from Thursday night to Saturday morning. We got all settled in Thursday night. Luckily it was still light until late so it gave the kids time to play and collect fire wood. Kaden found dozens of army guys in the sand in one of the tent sites.

Friday we went for a hike and explored the trail by the lake in the morning. We played on the sandy beach all afternoon. The sand was beautiful and soft. The water was freeeeeeezing!
















Saturday morning I went for a long run to explore the trail. We thought we heard their was a trail around the lake. We had opposing reports though because some said the trail only went around part of the lake. I had two hours before I needed to be back to camp so I set my timer for one hour and started running. I got all the way past the lake and the trail kept heading north. I kept waiting for a bridge or something to cross the river but I couldn't find one. I got to this look out after 45 minutes. I could see I wouldn't be coming to a bridge in the next fifteen minutes so I enjoyed the view and then turned around. The river was very full and it didn't look safe to try and cross it on my own.
There were lots of trees down and these are pictures of some trees blocking the trail. I felt like I was doing a Spartan race and I tried to climb over and get past them.