Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.17.2017

Riverton Triathlon

I completed my first triathlon. It has been on my bucket list but wasn't something I thought I would do for awhile. Thanks to plantar fasciitis I started swimming a lot and biking. So there is the blessing out of a trial. I remembered how much a I love swimming laps and I am getting better at biking. I'm a big wuss though and still have to work on that.
It was a small race with only 31 participants. Ali and I were 5th and 6th to start the swim. It was a longer pool than Lehi so that was kind of weird but also nice to have less turns.

I borrowed Marshall's road bike. It was only my third time ever riding it and I was not comfortable at all. I couldn't wait for that portion of the race to be over. The course was the Jordan River trail. The path to the trail was steep switch backs. I was slower than a snail going on that part. Then on the rest of the trail was so crowded and narrow that I never really got up any good speed.

The run was my jam and even though my pace has slowed a lot since my injury, I pushed it as hard as I could.

Here's the stats:
Overall 15/31
Gender 5/15
Age group 2/6

Swim 7/31
Bike 23/31
Run 7/31

I hope to do more triathlons in the future and it was so fun doing it with Ali. I just need to work on my biking before I sign up again.