Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.22.2020

Jameson's Big Day

The first Sunday of January was a big day for Jameson. He was ordained in the Aaronic Priesthood, collected fast offerings, and passed the sacrament. It was exciting! Christ set the perfect example of how we are to live and how we can return to him. Seeing Jameson follow his example is pure joy. It reminds me of the 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

Sometimes I stress over not doing enough or wonder if I make any difference. I read these scriptures and it gave me comfort. 
D&C 68:25-28
25 And again, inasmuch as parents have children in Zion, or in any of her stakes which are organized, that teach them not to understand the doctrine of repentance, faith in Christ the Son of the living God, and of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of the hands, when eight years old, the sin be upon the heads of the parents.
26 For this shall be a law unto the inhabitants of Zion, or in any of her stakes which are organized.
27 And their children shall be baptized for the remission of their sins when eight years old, and receive the laying on of the hands.
28 And they shall also teach their children to pray, and to walk uprightly before the Lord.




We got to take him to do baptisms the following Wednesday morning. The baptistry opens at 4:30am! (We didn't go until 5:30 because there is something unnatural about waking up in the 4:00 hour.) It was a very exciting morning. Marshall and I have a deep love for the temple and always have. When I was in college I went to the temple once a week. When we planned our honeymoon in San Diego we spent a day in the temple. We found a couple who needed all of their work done. We started in the baptistry and finished with them being sealed. It was amazing and also so fun to see so much of the San Diego temple. Then we were ordinance workers in the Logan Temple and Bountiful Temple before we had kids. The temple has always been a huge part of our lives. Currently we both enjoy going once a week. On the way home from taking James for his first time we asked him how much he wants to go. I thought he would say once a month or every so often but he said once a week. So it's now been three weeks and he has gone each Wednesday. He was also able to go to the Cedar City Temple on our way to Vegas. I think he has a love for the temple so it makes me really happy to share the same love.