Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.07.2020

Light the World

I have been trying to Light the World this month but we haven't been very successful. About two years ago I took a step back from social media. It was really good for me but at times I felt uninformed. Now I'm trying to find a balance between knowing what's going on but not wasting time.
For Light the World I have decided to post here instead.

December 2nd-
My parent's are my favorite example of Christlike service. I grew up with them serving in our ward, neighborhood, and school. They set a great example for me to follow. Also, they both have a talent for talking to anyone no matter the differences. I'm continually amazed. We went to a toy store in Heber with my mom a few weeks ago. The sales woman lit right up when she saw my mom. She told my mom how much my mom made her day and brightened her day. She said she was having such a hard day but the second my mom walked in the store and then talked to her, she was immediately happy.

December 8th-
James 4:8,10
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hand, ye sinner; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

I have loved studying the New Testament. I loved these verses of comfort. If we got to him he will help us. We have to make the effort though. Also I have learned more about humility and that it means we recognize the need for the Lord's hand in our lives. If we recognize our need for him and turn to him then he will help us each day.

December 12th-
I didn't create a piece of art but I want to share a picture I have always loved. As a follower of Christ I still have trials and difficult days. He won't make them go away but he will help me through them. When I was 28 weeks pregnant with Lynnlee we found out that she had Tricuspid Atresia. We had a family fast that her heart would develop normally. Nothing changed with her heart  but I have been lifted and strengthened through the hard times. I have learned a lot and I recognize that if he had healed her heart I wouldn't have grown as I have.
Image result for jesus christ lds art


December 25th-
One day Kaden hurt his ankle and a neighbor let us borrow crutches. I was filled with so much gratitude for this neighbor because the crutches helped Kaden so much. I thought about how small of an event that is compared to what Jesus Christ has done for me. He is my Savior, comforter, he blesses me with peace, he delivers me from my doubts, lifts me in my trials, brings me out of sadness, and fills me with hope. I have so much joy knowing that in the end I can be redeemed.

December 26th-
Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints isn't a hobby, it isn't a passing phase, or a check list. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints IS everything, it's knowing where I came from and what I'm doing each day and where I'm going. It IS choosing to find Christ in each day, see the hand of the Lord in my life and feeling the promptings and teachings of the Holy Ghost. It is doing all those things that Christ did so I can become like him.
My testimony is so personal and sacred to me that I've had a hard time sharing how I feel. It hurts when others are negative about something that is so valuable and priceless to me. So I've hesitated but I've come to learn that in everything you will have those who support and those who disagree. So I've accepted that I will share what I believe because in the end sharing the light with others is more important.

Image result for light the world