Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

3.28.2020

Inklings

I have been apart of a group called Inklings. Thanks to my mom for finding out about it and inviting me to join in. As a group we have been studying the chapters the prophet asked. It has been in depth and so enjoyable. I am a great scripture reader but I'm terrible at studying the scriptures. I have a hard time measuring my scripture amount each day when I study but when I read I can set a measurable goal and then I feel like I've completed the task for the day. This group has taught me how to effectively study the scriptures. I look back at how much I've learned since October and it's very exciting.
I liked how it was a once a week study assignment so I didn't feel overwhelmed. I really looked forward to Thursday's study. There were a few scripture study nights organized by Emily Freeman throughout the last few months. They were streamed from Facebook. Then the last gathering was held at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. I got tickets for my mom and I to go. It's amazing the inspiration that was involved with this. Emily was inspired to form this group. Then she was inspired to plan the final Inklings night on March 12th instead of March 19th. She told us all the story of how a few months ago when she was planning the event she debated between the two dates. She prayed to know which date. Then she decided on the 12th and it's a good thing she did. We were all in quarantine on March 16th so the event would have been cancelled on March 19th.
Inklings night was so amazing. We studied the chapters again and she added her insight plus had some guests to add to it. She had study books with the chapters, quotes, words, phrases and song lyrics. I was spiritually filled. Thanks mom for a fun night!