Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

3.29.2020

Temples

It has always been hard for me to leave my kids. No matter where I went or what the reason. From the day James was born until now it hasn’t gotten easier. Last year and this year were the first time I could go to the temple while my kids were in school and not have that difficulty of having to leave them. It has been the best! I have always loved temples. Getting to go on a frequent basis brings so much happiness into my life so there has been a void on Tuesdays when I would normally go.

I loved this part of an article from President Ballard. “Whether you are able to go to the temple or not, your home is a place you can kneel and pray,” President Ballard said. “You can feel Heavenly Father’s Spirit and you can feel the hand of the Lord in your life on your knees in your bedroom or wherever you find peace to say your prayers. It doesn’t require you to be in the temple to ‘be still and know that I am God’ (Psalm 46:10). That can happen every day of your life.”
With encouragement from those on the other side of the veil awaiting temple work, “it won’t be long before the temples are up and operating,” he added.

Interesting facts about Salt Lake LDS Temple as it closes for ...


I also loved this from a fellow wife of a bishop. She said:
"I'm here to tell you, the temple is OPEN! But, not in the sense you might be expecting. Let me explain. We all know that in the Bible Dictionary it says "only the home can compare with the temple in sacredness." It also says "A temple is literally a house of the Lord, a holy sanctuary in which sacred ceremonies and ordinances of the gospel are performed by and for the living and also in behalf of the dead. A place where the Lord may come, it is the most holy of any place of worship on the earth."
So we are working on making our home a temple. It has been really good to see what music, media, and stories add to the spirit and what takes it away.

A portion of the dedicatory prayer of the Salt Lake Temple: "Or when the children of Thy people, in years to come, shall be separated, through any cause, from this place, and their hearts shall turn in remembrance of Thy promises to this holy Temple, and they shall cry unto Thee from the depths of their affliction and sorrow to extend relief and deliverance to them, we humbly entreat Thee to Turn Thine ear in mercy to them; hearken to their cries, and grant unto them the blessings for which they ask."

The gospel is exciting. It's fun to see prophecy fulfilled. I know that the Lord hasn't forgotten us and that this is all part of his plan.