Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

3.03.2010

Sewing Project #3 & #4

I'm still working on sewing projects with my free time. It's helped the time pass faster in my last couple of weeks of pregnancy.

Sewing project #3 is a diaper bag. I was planning on buying one but couldn't really find one I liked that was affordable. I debated making one but knew I woudn't be able to do it on my own. Thank goodness for my sister Ali! She is amazing at sewing and helped me through the whole project. All in all this only cost me $15! The outside fabric is canvas. The inside fabric is cotton.

There are a few pockets inside and one big enough for a bottle.

The pattern didn't have any outside pockets but Ali helped me add a pocket under the flap. Thanks Ali for all of your help!

Sewing Project #4: Receiving blanket

A few weeks ago I bought flannel to make another receiving blanket. I've been on a floral kick with the sage green. I bought it separate from the fabric for the diaper bag. Little did I know they are the same pattern just different colors!