Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.23.2015

Stuck and Barricaded

Monday we had plans to go to Bountiful to meet a friend for lunch. We started up the hill by the point of the mountain and when we were near the top I noticed a truck rolled over blocking both lanes. Thankfully all of the cars around me stopped in time so there weren't additional accidents/fender benders. It had just happened so others were running from their cars up to the accident to help. I called 911 because I knew I couldn't leave my kids in the car by themselves.

I-15 was split into two lanes and so the box truck blocked both lanes which meant we were completely stuck. The paramedics came first and then the highway patrol. An hour a half later two tow trucks came and it was still another half hour before the road was clear. Two hours later we were on our way to Bountiful. Thankfully I had packed lunches for everyone and we had DVD players stowed away (we normally only get them out for very long drives) and even a DVD to watch. Thankfully no one had to go to the bathroom while we sat there waiting and thankfully it was windy so we weren't too hot. It would have been easy to get frustrated. I wish we could have gone in different lanes or left a little early so we could have avoided all of this, but in the end it's all about counting the blessings.



They had all of the cars move back while right before they flipped the truck back over.