Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.29.2015

Fall Break '15

I wish I could blog on the spot because I would have much more to say. My thoughts and feelings are all so fresh in the moment and then I forget a week or two later when I sit down to blog.

Fall break was suppose to be a trip to Legoland in California. There was a good deal on tickets and when I asked Marshall about purchasing it we both decided to wait and didn't feel quite right about it. With all of the trouble we have been going through with our renter in Bountiful we now know why.

Thursday we went to Cornbellys (pictures will be in a future post all about our month at Cornbellys). Friday morning I ended up at the pool with all of my kids. We were planning on meeting up with family but it didn't work out last minute for the others. I never ever would have thought I could handle all five by myself but it went surprisingly well. James is independent. Lynnlee and Kaden are independent with life jackets on. Taggart clung to me and Sienna stayed close. It is much easier since they can walk and keep their head above water in the shallow areas.
We sent off Marshall and James that afternoon. I took this picture while they were loading up.


We went to Thanksgiving Point Scarecrow Festival after they left. It was beautiful weather. The scarecrows were really fun to see and in there was a good variety. It is a contest that anyone can enter so maybe we will enter next year.
We are Star Wars obsessed along with James and the rest of Utah. We had to get pictures of these.


We liked this witch and her crazy long eye lashes like Yzma on Emperor's New Groove.

Looks like I could use some practice taking selfies :)


Kaden and Lynnlee were really good the whole time. There were a few bounce houses they got to play in. The minis were happy in the stroller as long as we were moving or they had a snack.


On Saturday we went to my parent's house. Even though leaves are annoying to clean up, I wish we had bigger trees at my house. We just barely planted trees so it will be a few years. We raked the leaves into a big pile and then Lynnlee and Kaden jumped in.

We had fun hanging out all day. Ali came with Katelyn and the kids played. Ali and my mom made a really yummy minestrone. My mom made cannoli. Yum!


Marshall and James got home Saturday night. They didn't shoot a deer but still had a great time.