Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

5.18.2021

Jamaica!!! Yaaman! Part 4

I started off the last morning with lap swimming in the ocean. It was really fun and different than swimming in the rec center pool. I did scare myself for a second about a shark coming but thankfully I quickly got that out of my head so I could enjoy it. It was relaxing and I felt so free. The salt water was challenging and made my mouth feel really weird after.  As much as I enjoyed it- I am grateful for fresh water lakes and reservoirs.

The resort's flow rider opened at 9:00 every morning. My family was there Monday at 9:00 and did it as much as they could. Tuesday was our last day and we wanted to enjoy the resort as much as possible. We got to the flow rider at 9:00 and then swam in the pools, went down the slide, snorkeled, and ate whatever we wanted when we wanted. Also throughout the trip we enjoyed pina coladas, mango smoothies, strawberry daquaris and mixtures of all three. While we were at the pool that afternoon they had a churro cart with fresh made churros. Mmmm, they were amazing!


Marshall couldn't wait to sail as much as possible. The first day he had a fail when the wind was blowing the opposite direction and he couldn't get back in. The resort staff had to go out and rescue him. It was a little humbling but didn't stop Marshall from learning and going out again and figuring it out. He gave lots of rides during our trip. Jason, the resort staff over the boats and flow rider was also there in the fall. He was so nice and took Marshall, Miranda and Olivia out to snorkel on the reef. Normally you would have to pay for a snorkel tour to do that but it was free with him.
 

Also in the picture above was the aqua cycle-water trike is what I called it. I took kids for rides on that and got a good workout. It was harder to pedal than it looked. We were definitely way more active on this trip compared to last time. I'm pretty sure I didn't gain any weight because we were always moving and playing.

Buried Gavin and then James in the sand ✅
I love the color of the water!!
That afternoon the entertainment staff had a scavenger hunt. We teamed up and had to find things around the pool like sunscreen, cup, straw, tank top, etc. Sienna and Miranda were the winners! 

We swam as long as we could and ended with pina coladas in the hot tub.

We went to Pier 8 for dinner. The kids had a table and the adults had a table. They were all so good and polite. It was so nice! Every night I would thank all of my kids for being on their best behavior. They exceeded my expectations.
After dinner we saw the very end of the Jamaican dance show and then went to the arcade. We stayed up late and did every last thing one more time. Boulangerie was on the way to our rooms so we had to stop and get ice cream and chocolate. It was a great last day at Moon Palace!

Adelie was Taggart's favorite! He loved spending time with her this trip. It was so fun going with cousins! Everyone had a buddy.