Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.28.2021

New Job

The best part about being a nurse is the flexibility and variety of work. I have been working from home the last five years for Cotiviti and it has been perfect for me.  I really enjoy the work. The only problem is that it is seasonal work from February through May. I have been wanting something to keep me busy in the fall. I tried being a school nurse for three of the years in those 5 years and it wasn’t for me. The schedule is pretty great but the work wasn’t my favorite. 

My parents were sick a few months ago and I helped my dad with his patients. I gave shots and realized how much I miss the clinical side of nursing. Also I realized how shy and reserved I’ve become from working from home. I need something to get me out of my comfort zone. 

So I put my resume out on Indeed and was contacted about a contract position with Quest Diagnostics. It’s a seasonal job which will allow me to keep working for Cotiviti and have the summers off. My official title is Immunization Nurse. Basically I go to different companies and give flu vaccines. My schedule is completely flexible because I get to choose which events I want to work. So I can catch kids games or go on field trips. 

I completed my training and have my first event this week. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vaa_wept1Kcyde4ftk-vz2qqvfSeycKR