Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

1.14.2022

Bathroom Project

Who doesn’t love a good before and after?
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18G36d99jGi3k8BoskaWB8CJIGKl0GGvv
When we were designing our house we had to decide what we wanted to upgrade. There was a long list and we couldn’t upgrade everything. In the end we decided to upgrade things we couldn’t do on our own. Cabinets were something we could do on our own. 

The original cabinets are knotty alder. They are very pretty but to me it feels woodsy. I feel like I should decorate with bears and pine trees. 

I don’t have a lot of experience with painting but I’m willing to learn. It’s a lot of time and work but in the end it will save lots of $$ and be worth it.

I stared with the main floor half bathroom first. I chose a blue gray paint. I went to Sherwin Williams hoping they would help me with the best paint and supplies for painting cabinets. 

Turns out the guy helping me didn’t really have experience. The first roller I used was to furry. The paint was so thick that it left a funky texture. I switched to a sponge roller and that helped a lot. In the end I did a brush for the final coat. The paint leveled itself. 

I’ve learned a lot so I think I’m ready to tackle the kitchen cabinets next.