Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.03.2023

Zion: Friday and Saturday

 Friday I got up early to go running. I did an out and back. I wanted to run 6 miles so I ran 3 miles up Zion Canyon and back. It was beautiful as the sun lit up the red rock. There were hardly any cars so I practically had the road to myself. I am so grateful for running and all of the beautiful things I get to see when I run. 



The kids got up early but not quite as early as Thursday. I can't remember if I already said this in the previous post but everyone had a camel back and that was crucial to everyone staying hydrated. It was funny to see the pile when everyone took a bathroom break. Also, there were so many people at Zions from out of state and out of the country. We got so many stares and looks and kid counting. One couple asked us if our kids were all ours. We definitely were a sight. 
We hiked to the Emerald Pools that morning. It wasn't a hard hike so it was a good one the day after a big hike. 




Kade wanted it to look like the water was coming out of his camel back tube. 
The minis weren't as helpful at carrying their packs on Friday. Marshall was happy to take them so he could condition for Wind Rivers.
After Emerald Pools we went and hiked the trail to the Narrows. We hiked along the river. It was so hot outside and the river was so cold. It was hard to get used to.



We took our time playing in the river and hiking up. We found a few deep places to jump in.






Anytime there was a Little Mermaid rock the girls wanted a picture posing on it like Ariel. I thought it was funny so I took a picture of Marshall taking a picture.
We thought Zions was going to be dog friendly. Turns out dogs aren't allowed in the park anywhere. Chewie had to stay in the trailer everyday. Thank goodness for air conditioning. 
We had a fun time playing in the river but by 3:00 I was ready to get back to the trailer and get back to Chewie. The girls and I headed back and the boys stayed and swam some more. We all met back at the trailer for dinner and swimming in the pool.

We got our free Friday Frazils and then finished our souvenir shopping. 





We also hiked the overlook trail. We brought Chewie this time. I made sure to be respectful of those around us but it was fun having him with us! The view was amazing and also made me feel butterflies in my stomach. 


We had to finish off the night trying ice cream from Bumble Berry. 


Saturday morning we got to sleep in. Then we packed up and had breakfast at a buffet across the street. It was so yummy and a good meal to eat before hitting the road. 
I enjoy doing Google reviews. I took these pictures to write some reviews for the buffet and also the campground we stayed in. 
If we every go back I for sure want to stay at this campground again.