Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.09.2010

Post-Op Day 2

Lynnlee's condition is always improving and she's healing so fast. When I got to the hospital in the morning she was getting morphine every 2 hours because otherwise she was uncomfortable and irritable like she was in pain. By the time we left the hospital she hadn't had it for 4 hours and she was sleeping like a baby:)

Through the night they continued to wean her oxygen and she handled it really well.

This morning the surgeon took out her chest tubes and some other lines. I got to feed her some pedialyte a little while after that. She got so excited just at the site of the bottle. It was so funny. She was kicking her legs and kept kicking them the whole time I fed her. If I even tried to move the bottle she would grunt. She went 2 1/2 days without eatting I don't blame her for being hungry!

If she keeps eating well and tolerating the lower oxygen then she'll get to move out of the CICU and up to the surgical floor. I'll post some pictures tonight.