Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

10.12.2010

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday. I was too tired to write an update yesterday. Yesterday was a good day for Lynnlee because she moved out of the CICU and up to the surgical floor. She had an echocardiogram in the morning while she was still in the CICU. It showed some decreased heart functioning but the surgeon reassured me that this is normal after having open heart surgery. They started her on some medicine that should help her heart function improve over time.

She was moved to the surgical floor yesterday afternoon. The surgeon said we can go home when Lynnlee's oxygen can be weaned to 1/2 liter. I guess that can be a couple of days so we just have to see how she does. Right now she's on 1 liter of oxygen. She's really close. We've tried to turn it down but she doesn't tolerate it too well.

She had a low grade fever through the night. Hopefully it's just teething or something and not an infection. That could keep her in the hospital longer. I'm ready to be home and I think she is too.

We'll see how today goes. Hopefully I'll get another update out later today.