Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

5.27.2014

Memorial Day Weekend

This was a strange holiday weekend for me. I was scheduled to work Saturday, Sunday and Monday night. With three shifts back to back I knew I wouldn't be up to doing much since I would mostly need to sleep in between shifts. I slept a little Sunday in between church and Marshall's meetings. Then Sunday afternoon Marshall took our kids to his parents house and I headed to work. Most of their cousins were at grandma's house and they had so much fun playing with them. They all pretended to be wolves and Maya was the leader of the wolf pack. Marshall said they ran around the house for two days howling.

Monday morning they started out with fishing on Deer Creek. The weather was perfect and the kids all had a good time on grandpa's boat.  



That afternoon they took a ride on the four-wheelers around Midway. James and Lynnlee are too little to remember the one time they each went on a four-wheeler so it was like going for the first time. James loved riding all around and wasn't afraid.

Lynnlee didn't get to go out with the group but Marshall took her out after and she had fun. She is more of the leisurely rider and is happy with a nice and easy ride.
I was bummed to miss out on all the fun. Thank goodness I ended up being on call Monday night so I could spend time with my family that night and feel like I got to enjoy a small portion of the holiday.