Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

2.15.2015

Valentine's Boxes

I am not a creative person and so when it comes to projects with my kids I look to someone else for help. My sister Ali was on Studio 5 last month showing how to make some cute valentine's boxes. I decided to give them a try for my kid's boxes.

The cool thing is you just need a kleenex box, foam board (I got one sheet at the dollar store), markers, and some white paper to cover the kleenex box. My sister provided patterns on her website. You can choose whatever animal you want and adjust the pattern for that animal.

Kaden chose a cow.



James chose a dog.


Lynnlee chose a pony.

I cut out the patterns and drew the faces on each animal. Then my kids were in charge of coloring them. I helped Kaden because he lost interest after his 2 minute attention ran out. Last, we hot glued the pieces to the kleenex box. It was a fun project!
Since I've had the minis I have done less crafts, sewing, reading, and hobbies. There is a big trade off when I spend time on something else versus staying on top of laundry, cleaning, cooking, errands and other things to keep the household running. I spent most the day Thursday making these and so I was behind on all the household stuff. It took me a few days to get caught back up but it was worth it to do something fun for my kids and hopefully they will have good memories of it.