Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

2.15.2015

Valentine's Day '15

I love holidays and I love traditions but we haven't really established any traditions for Valentine's Day yet. Each year brings something new and this year was a different holiday for sure. Leading up to it I worked Thursday night and Friday night so I was exhausted. I slept for 20 minutes after I got home for work, I got up, and got ready to go to Layton.

Marshall's cute grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary yesterday. They are the sweetest couple and such a good example to us.

All of Marshall's family met up at Golden Corral for a special program and lunch to celebrate. The program was very nice.

After the program everyone ate lunch. I am not a fan of Golden Corral and on top of that my stomach was feeling icky after no sleep for two nights. So when a family member started throwing up and some of it landed on Taggart, my appetite was definitely shot.  I turned my head and closed my eyes after the throwing up started and it felt like it continued on long enough that I was worried it was a domino effect causing others to throw up, like in the movie Sandlot. Thankfully that was not the case and thankfully Sienna wasn't sitting in a high chair next to Tag like I had wanted her to or else she would have been showered with it. I will be happy never to go to Golden Corral after this experience that continues to play over in my head.


After lunch my awesome hubby let me sleep at my parent's house while he went to his parent's house and entertained our kids. Best Valentine's gift, in addition to his real gift.


Lynnlee made this cute crown.

That night we hung out with Marshall's family. It was fun! Definitely a different Valentine's Day for sure though.