Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

6.02.2021

Memorial Day Weekend

Saturday of Memorial Day weekend Marshall, James and Drew ran the Cops and Joggers 5k. They did great! Marshall and James were 1st and 2nd overall.


 

My morning started out with a sprint triathlon of sorts. I rode to the pool and swam a mile. 

Then I jumped out quickly, dried off and hopped back on my bike for a 15 mile ride on the Murdock Canal trail.

The Murdock Trail is perfect for training so I can pack in the miles without the worry of cars and having to start and stop at intersections. (these are stock photos-I was too busy racing to take pictures)

Murdock Canal Trail

I rode home and quickly changed into my running shoes and ran 3 miles. My lungs felt great for the run but my legs felt like jelly. I definitely need to get conditioned to running after biking. It is a really weird feeling. This was the first weekend of training and I was really happy with how it went. My hope is that by September I will be ready for the Brineman Triathlon- Half Ironman. I'm so excited to train through the summer because I have the time and the weather is great. This totally beats winter marathon training. St. George Marathon is still on my list but it will have to wait until my plantar fascia tear heals. For now I'm just so happy my foot can handle triathlon training.


Monday we spent the day at Deer Creek. The boys went fishing early and then the rest of us met up later in the morning. 



We kayaked around the island, paddle boarded all around and took it easy on the beach. The weather was literally perfect. There was hardly any wind which almost never happens in the afternoon at Deer Creek.