Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

6.26.2021

Training: Week 5

Week 5

Swim: 1.2 miles

Bike: 18.38 miles

Run: 8 miles 

We had a busy morning so I started my swim when the pool opened but it would have been nice to start earlier so I could have had time for a longer bike ride. That is one nice thing about marathon training. I can start as early as I need to. During my last marathong training there were a few times Marshall dropped me off at the top of Suncrest at 3:30 am so I could get a 21 mile run in by 7:30 am. With triathlon training I'm bound by the pool hours. I did a 30 mile bike during the week so I figure it is ok if I biked shorter today.

This week I focused on bike speed swim speed. I did some speed workouts Tuesday and Thursday in the pool and that helped in my overall time today. When I rode Tuesday and Friday I tried to go at a faster speed for the majority of the ride.

Things that went well this week was that I felt like I had plenty of energy, and nutrition was good. The one thing that didn't go well was chaffing while running with my bike shorts but that will be an easy fix. 

View from my ride: