Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.31.2021

Training: Week 10

Monday- bike 30 min, run 6 miles
Tuesday- swim 50 min, bike 14.6
Wednesday- run hills 7 miles
Thursday- swim 60 min, bike 8 
Friday- bike 30 min, run 6 miles
Saturday- swim 1500m, bike 40km, run 10k

I decided to do a Olympic distance brick training today in light of the Olympics. I loved watching the women’s triathlon. It got me super excited for Brineman. 

Training during the week went really well and my running pace improved. Today’s training wasn’t my favorite. My goggles kept leaking which is a problem I’ve never had before. Usually they are always fogging up. So it was really annoying to have to stop and get the water out every few laps. The swim is usually so easy and goes by so fast but this time it felt like it was never going to finish. The bike was ok but just a lot of weird little things that happened with water on the Murdock trail, timing with other bikers/runners, bike malfunction, etc. Just when I thought my ride couldn’t be anymore weird something else would happen. I felt like my confidence was a little shaken and I was happy it was a short ride. On the plus side, I got a bike headlight and tail light so I can now safely ride during the early morning hours when it isn’t quite light yet.
My run went well and normal thank goodness. With how the other two events went I figured I would get attacked by a oversized dog or something. Thankfully my run was uneventful and my pace was 8:38/mile so I was super happy about that.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1fBdgrVCyfyDKI7puoZ68lCbOxmKlCmlU