Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

7.12.2014

Saturday in the NICU

Saturday

Today has been a good day. Taggart and Sienna have both been eating a lot more and making progress towards going home. They are now done with bili lights and they no longer have IVs. Taggart is taking about 75% of his meals all on his own. Sienna is taking about 50% of her meals on her own. If they are too sleepy or uninterested in feeding than the milk goes down their feeding tubes. It's still hard to know a time frame because it all depends on them. If you ask for my prediction, I would say they will go home on Tuesday or Wednesday. That may just be wishful thinking and hoping they continue to eat better each feeding.

I spent the morning feeds with them. Sienna still had her IV in and she grabbed onto it and held onto it the whole time.

Taggart gets to wear pjs now. These are premie size and he's just about too long for them.

Marshall went with my parents this afternoon. Taggart got to have time with Grandma Ruth.

I can't get enough of these two snuggle bugs. I'm definitely smitten.