Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

12.09.2014

Service Jar

Despite having Buddy coming late and watching my kids everyday to see if they are good or not, my kids have struggled. They are demanding and don't want to help out. They have times where they can't get along with each other. Then I remembered something my mom did during Christmas when I was a kid. She had a beautiful crystal dish. Every time you did something nice you got to put your name on a piece of paper and put it into the dish. Then a drawing was held on Christmas Eve and the winner got a special present. I decided to try this with my kids and it has been great. It is amazing how it motivates them to do nice things and help out. We have decided to hold weekly drawings. The first drawing was on Saturday and the winner got to pick one thing out at the dollar store. Kaden had probably only one paper in the jar and James and Lynnlee probably had at least 20 each, if not more. Guess who won?.....Yep, Kaden with one lucky piece of paper.