Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.03.2020

Manila Pond

I would take kayaks and paddle boards any day over boats and jet skis. That's just the kind of person I am. I want to be active and moving my body instead of being propelled by a motor. We borrowed a trailer from Lowry Doors and Marshall helped me load up all the kayaks and paddle boards. I don't have much experience pulling a trailer but I was willing to do it. Thankfully I got to Manila Pond early enough that I got a pull through spot. I definitely can't back up a trailer. Ali and her kids and Penny and her kids were there also. Everyone had a fun day playing in the sand and paddling around.





I love that any of my kids can hop on a kayak and paddle around. I loved that independence when I was a kid. One time we went to Redfish Lake in Idaho. We rented a paddle boat. When it was my turn I paddled that thing out in the lake as far as I could go and then turned around and went back. I loved the thrill of driving my own transportation. I didn't feel like I was gone that long but I must have been because my mom voiced her worry when I got back. I definitely didn't mean to worry anyone as I was lost in my own world and enjoying the paddle boat.