Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

8.07.2020

Texas Part 2

Friday we piled in cars and drove to San Antonio. Charlie put a walkie-talkie in each car which made communication super fun!

First stop was the San Antonio Temple. We had a picnic lunch there.


Next stop, The Alamo. It was under construction so this is all we got to see.
Then we walked along the river. It was so beautiful!



I think this tortoise was the kids' favorite part of the river walk.

We went to Torchy's for dinner. We figured out that I'm definitely cursed when it comes getting my order last, lost, etc. Everyone got their meals quickly except us. We waited and waited. Then found out they lost the order. We had a good laugh because I have been cursed ever since my 16th birthday at The Mayan.


We stopped at Buc-Ee's on our way home. It is the largest convenience store in the world. There are also over 70 gas pumps. My kids had heard about Buc-Ees and saved some money to spend there. They were all so excited! Once everyone had bought their stash we got pictures by the statue. (It was wearing a mask.)



Lynnlee and Lydia bought matching blankets.