Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.01.2020

Deer Creek: Wallsburg

Charlie's and Kasey's families headed back home the day girl's camp ended. Marshall and James went on their backpacking trip so I was excited to hang out with Katie's family. My parents came too. We met up at Deer Creek one day at the Wallsburg side. I was able to fit two small kayaks in my car, four kids, and myself. It was really hot and sunny for the first half hour.

Then the clouds blew in and it took the edge off the heat for awhile. We had a blue tooth speaker playing Grace's playlist. We had a picnic lunch.

Then it started to sprinkle. It made it a little cold for those who were wet. We could tell another storm was coming so we ended up leaving after being there for two hours. Not quite as long as we wanted but I think everyone had a good chance to paddle around.
I also brought four river tubes. The younger kids just wanted to float in those. Thank goodness for older cousins who paddle the younger cousins around!