Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.16.2020

Great Aunt Pat

My aunt Pat helped us with the minis pretty much since they came home from the NICU. Wednesday became her day and she would come rain or shine. I remember the first time one of my other kids were sick and I gave her a heads up in case she didn't want our germs and she still wanted to come help. She helped me survive the first few years of raising twins. I could schedule dentist appointments, do grocery shopping alone, or help at school on Wednesdays because I knew the minis were in good hands. 

About a year ago she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease. Since then her memory has declined and she can't safely find her way to our house anymore. She loves the minis and would still come if she could. During the school year last year we stuck with our Wednesday day with Aunt Pat and I took the minis to visit her. 

I feel such a debt of gratitude that when summer rolled around I started mowing her lawn on Wednesdays when we visit. I feel like I can repay all that she has done for us. It is also fun for the kids to help out and also to spend time with her.

Her birthday is in August so we visited that week and took lunch.