Lowry Family Life

Lowry Family Life

9.20.2020

Middle School

James loves middle school. He has come classes with friends. In his other classes he is making new friends. Band has been fun so far. He is taking Creative Coding and art foundations as his other extras. "A" days are his favorite because he starts with Creative Coding, then has Science (he loves this class most out of all the required classes) and College and Career Awareness. I remember taking a class like College and Career Awareness but it wasn't until 9th grade. I think it helps to have it sooner so you can explore and think about what things interest you. 

One day he came home and told me in College and Career Awareness the teacher talked about how some students take college classes in high school and then graduate high school with their Associate's Degree. I told him that is exactly what I did. He thought that was pretty great and for a minute I felt like a cool mom.

The don't have masks on but really they usually all wear masks while there. The school has been good to enforce masks and everyone obeys. The kids don't complain about it. They are just happy to be there.